CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 11, 2008

A great accomplishment!!!

Thank you Jami for the suggestion on the plug issue. Yesterday was the day that we parted with the plug for good : ( I think it is much harder on me then it is on Conner as it is so much easier to just give him a plug sometimes and make him happy. I do feel like I took his world of comfort away though. I started out yesterday morning with no plug at all, he did not get one in meeting or the ride home but I did give it to him for his nap then after he woke up I cut off the nipple and the next time he asked for it I just said it's broken. He thought it was pretty funny and just tried to suck on the little part that was left but soon gave up and did not have it all afternoon. Then came the next big challenge getting him to sleep without the plug...he has NEVER done that. He cried for quite some time but I just kept on saying that it's broken and eventually (an hour or so later) he finally fell a sleep : ) Poor kid !!! I took him to his bed but unfortunately he did wake up at 2:00AM and wanted his plug again...surprisingly I did not give in and again told him it's broken he cried for about 5 minutes and finally went to sleep. We will see how it goes from now on.

4 Days Later!!!
I have to say that the no plug thing is going better than I imagined. Conner is doing very well without it and even getting him to sleep is not too much of a struggle anymore. We even took a long trip yesterday to see G'ma and G'pa in Elk River which was a 2 hour drive each way and he did very well. We did have "if you are happy and you know it" on repeat most of the way home but he was really tired cuz he did not nap all day long. I guess the next thing is potty training...ugghh.

1 comment:

Angie said...

You are one strong mommy! We are sooo weak when it comes to trying to stay strong...which is why Mallory still sleeps with us! haha