CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stay away....

Our house is currently a germ fest. We have been sick for weeks now it seems and can't seem to be able to shake whatever this is. Every time we start to feel better the following day it's back and worst. I can tell you that if my kids are feeling anything like I am then they are real troopers and I'm the real baby. Of course I did have a stomach bug yesterday along with this terrible cold that came back full force Sunday night!!! Ugghhh it will get better soon I hope. I feel like I have been napping every chance I get lately and that's not like me. Naps are hard to come by here anymore too...Conner still takes a decent nap but Ethan has been taking only one nap a day and it's usually only about an hour I'm hoping that once he feels better his nap will be longer again.

Well Neal passed his 1st set of interviews today. He came home rather confident usually he gets home and is really disapointed with himself so he must have done well. Not sure what all this means but it sounds like maybe he will be going up for STL sooner than he expected. As of right now that would be in September of this year but I'm going with my gut feeling that it will happen in the next couple months. I just hope that we do not have to move and he will be able to get a store in the Madison area so he can commute.

On the home front things have been super busy. Ethan is at a hard stage right now. He is curious and adventearous and into EVERYTHING. I so wish I could put up baby lock things on our kitchen and bathroom cabinets it would make my life so much easier but I can't so I will continue to pick up and pick up and put away all day long. I am to a point right now though where something has to give and I know what it is I'm just having a hard time giving up a clean house. It's ok if I vaccuum every other day and mop the floors only once a week and it's ok if there are toys everywhere, we do after all have two little children.
Ethan is so close to walking now he has been pushing things around for quite some time but just not brave enough to let go yet. He is on the other hand saying MUCH more than Conner did at this point....ball, mama, dada, ma n chee (mac and cheese), that, was that, and copies sounds pretty well. Conner has been a little bundle of energy just goes and goes and NEVER EVER stops talking or moving. Needless to say my boys keep me busy!!! m

SO here are some amusing frazes I thought I would never have to say to my children:

Conner NO climbing on your brother
ETHAN DO NOT play in the toilet it's yuckie
Conner do not feed the baby Johnson and Johnson body wash
Ethan NO biting
Conner DO NOT pile blankets and pillows on the baby
Ethan NO playing in the dirt of the flower pots
BOYS leave the contents of dresser drawers ALONE
Conner DO NOT put the laundry basket over ETHAN
Conner NO locking the baby in the closet
Ethan DO NOT pull your brothers hair
Boys stay OUT OF the garbage 

The list could go on and on. I feel like all I do all day long anymore is say no or please stop or do not do that!!! But then at the end of the day we snuggle all up together and I'm re-assured that my boys still love me.I think that they are both ready to go and play outside so spring can not get here soon enough.  

I think that I will leave this post at that. I am trying very hard to be better at updating my blog but lately it just seems like an impossible task when I do have the extra time I do not want to do anything at all!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Haahaa, your boys sound totally normal! Our little guy is seriously into EVERYthing! With two kids already, we thought we'd experienced most everything. HAH! We've barely scratched the surface! The other night as I was washing dishes, I turned around to see Tyler eating food out of the garbage can! And I only thought it was hilarious because it was the food from his plate that I'd just scraped into the garbage. But stilll....yuck!

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

Thanks for your post, all so easy to relate to!

Melissa said...

I think your feelings are probably more common than you think! :) Some days it DOES feel rather hopeless, doesn't it?! I hear ya! I'm learning to let a lot of things slide...one being my tidy house. I've reached the point that I just don't care if people see toys strewn all over the place...like you said, afterall, we DO have little boys living in our house! A mother has to stay sane, you know! :) Our boys are into squabbling about everything lately. I hear ya on the "spring can't come fast enough!" I'm impatiently waiting!!!!! :)

Bernadetta said...

That is hilarious Melissa!!!!!

Angie said...

There was a little boy at the library with his mother yesterday and based on his behaviour I had to ask her how old he was. Sure enough she replied "he's three". Moral of the story, I hear ya! :) Come on spring, you can do it, you can do it....