CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Getting ready!!!

Neal and I are getting ready for baby #2 which means that Conner needs to sleep all night again in his own bed!!! At one point I had Conner going to bed on his own...we read a story, had milk and a cookie sang a song and then he would lay down and go to bed unfortunately we got out of the habit with some trips to Rockford. I'm trying to teach him the same thing again which is much harder this time around!!! We went out today and bought him a mattress...what a big boy. I was a little disappointed though because we got the wrong metal box frame so we were not able to put it all together and of course the one we need is out of stock so they have to order it : ( I guess I have to be patient and wait till Thursday. We just can't attach the foot borad and headboard , they are just propped up against the bed for now. As I'm writing this I'm noticing that Conner is not coming out of the bedroom and I left him wide awake so maybe he will actually go to bed on his own tonight. Lately it has been such a battle every night no matter what time I try and put him down I have to lay there with him for an hour or sometimes longer...not sure what the problem is and then he wakes up at 1:30 (same time every night) and comes to sleep with us. Our great neighbors above us get home around that time and I think that's why Conner wakes up. Hopefully one day again he will sleep all night long : )

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Aww...a big boy bed! He's growing up so quick!! Tyler is hard to figure out at bedtime too! Sometimes he's really good, sometimes he says "Didyou want to sleep Tyler's bed tonight, mommy?" :o) "Didyou" is always one word for him, and he always refers to himself in 3rd person... It'll get better!

Melissa said...

Seems like they go in and out of the bedtime battle thing. Andrew's been waking up around 2:30/3:30 every night here too! Ugh! He does go back to sleep if we cover him back up with his blankets, thankfully, but it's still a trip to his room in the wee hours of the morning! *yawn!*