CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weekend plans...

Well we had so many plans for this past weekend unfortunately Neal and the kids were sick and most of those plans fell through for us but we managed to make the most of it. On Friday we were going to see my Mom for her b-day but did not want to get them all sick so instead we took our germs to the general public....kinda. We drove over an hour to go to an apple orchard since we don't have anything too much closer to our house. It came highly recommended by many people. I'm not sure what these people were thinking recommending it to us because it was probably the worst apple orchard I have been to and ridiculously expensive not to mention that you could not pick your own apples. We got a muffin then decided to try and find a place where Conner could play for a while. 3 petting zoo things came up on our GPS ALLLLL of which were closed....so disappointing. SO after driving around for about 3 or 4 hours we came home and took turns sleeping since we were all under the weather and tired and a bit cranky. On Saturday we were going to go to Mallory's 3rd b-day party but once again we did not want to get them all sick especially before their vacation. SO we stayed home and did absolutely nothing. Sunday Neal and Mike went to the Bears game in Chicago. They had a really nice time even tho they got soaked. They have been so incredibly excited about this game for so long now. I packed the kids up and went to Rockford for my moms b-day. We had a really nice time!!!! Neal was still off on Monday so he spoiled me and took me Ikea. I have been wanting to go for so long now. We got Conner's b-day presents so now I don't even have to worry about that which is nice. We met Neal's Dad in Elgin for lunch and then on our way home we stopped at his parents house for supper. We got to eat outside which was amazing. The weather was perfect and Conner had fun playing with bubbles and watering gma's plants. Now we are back to reality. Neal's back at work and I'm back to starting new projects but I really need to finish the ones that are already started.
A picture from the game. Neal had my camera with him so all day long I felt a little lost because the camera usually goes wherever I go. I felt like one of my kids was missing :)

1 comment:

LissaMae said...

Wish you could have made it! Hope you are all feeling better now!