CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 8, 2010

this and that.....

So lately I have been really house dreaming. I'm a little frustrated with myself because I know that it's not even a possibility right now or even anytime in the near future. I know it's just spring fever and it will soon pass, at least I hope. The last three days have been super lazy for me and the kids. It's been rainy and gloomy and I have not been in the mood for anything that involves packing the kids up and going anywhere. So we have been moping around the house. Thursday we did meet Neal's mom and dad in Janesville for supper which was super nice even though Conner threw up in the restaurant and then was sick all night long......it's been a long time since he has done that....poor baby. This morning we were feeling a bit cooped up but it was raining all morning and with Neal going to work in the afternoon we never got to do anything :( I was even lazy for supper and ran out to get the kids and I some Culvers. Just did not feel like cooking does not help that we are super low on groceries but I'm hoping to last till next Friday before I go!Time to get CREATIVE...hehe!!! It's kinda fun to do that and empty out the freezer and cupboards.

Haha Conner is in the other room calling his friends (Mallory and Tommy) telling them that he has cake for them. I love this stage that he is in....the creative play. It keeps him busy and well imagination is an awesome part of a child world, at least it was mine! I have a big goal for tonight after the kids go to bed. I have 2 pictures that I have to draw and for some reason I'm really nervous about them. Probably because I'm actually doing it FOR someone and that scares me. I've been putting it off but I need to just get them done.

Well this post really turned into a bunch of nothingness....ohh well sometimes things are just not interesting but I'm liking it that way for now!!!
I forgot to mention this in the previous post which surprises me because it was the HIGHLIGHT of our trip to Chicago. a simple box huh?!?!?! Well inside is a GREAT treasure!!!
We searched and we searched and finally we found a bakery in Chicago that carried these little beauties. I have been obsessed with these little treasures for quite some time but did not want to attempt baking them till I knew what they tasted like. From what I had read about them I knew they were fussy little things.....they were right :)
 They were $1.50 each which is very pricey for a quarter size cookie. Worth every penny. You can order them online usually $18.00 or so for 6 cookies....all different flavors. Or you can try making them and you can find my recipe and tips HERE!
Our favorite was the rosewater one and coconut lime!!!
This is where we bought ours if you are ever in the Chicago area stop by it's a cute little bakery!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I'm sure Mallory got Conners phone call lol Sounds like something she would do.

Cheri said...

Enjoy renting while you are...it sounds so free and easy. Funny how the grass is always greener on the other side! Life without hours of lawn to mow, chores to do, gardens to plant...all while working 40+ hours a week.... there just aren't words!