CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 1, 2010

Lesson learned.....

We are simply not one of the families that all sleep in one bed. Some people are fine with kids piled up in their bed and if that works for you, great , it just does not work for us!

Last night the kids went to bed at 8:30, their usual bed time. Neal and I decided to watch a movie "The Wolfman" Neal ended up falling a sleep and well I'm a freak who does get scared by scary movies. I told Neal that I would turn off the movie and we could just finish watching it another time. BTW I LOVE Anthony Hopkins.....such a great actor and one of my favorites. So I turned the movie off and also tried  going to sleep but of course scary pictures of werewolfs attacking my kids could not get out of my head so I went to get Conner and brought him to bed with us......yeah I know pathetic.......then I went to get Ethan and we all snuggles in our bed to go to sleep all good and dandy for about 10 minutes.

As I'm bringing the kids in Neal is mumbling under his breath "you are GONNA regret this" hahaha he's always gatta be right. Ethan woke up literally 30 min. later and well kept us up MOST of the night. He is just not a co sleeper at all. He wants to sleep with us but can't. He tossed and turned and whined but WOULD NOT sleep in his bed after that. Conner too was super restless and Neal was furious with me for doing what I did and making it a miserable night for all of us. I don't think we slept for longer than 3 hours last night and Neal ended up with a headache and not to mention that he got shingles earlier this week (he gets this on his forehead every time he is stressed and not sleeping enough) and not being able to sleep last night definitely irritated it!

Ok FINE lesson learned our kids are NOT allowed in our bed again!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

haha sounds like something I would do. sometimes I lie in bed and think about how fast they are growing and want to so pull them in bed with us but I too can't hardly sleep with them in bed anymore. except baby cole, he's just so sweet and warm and soft and tiny still. :)