CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cookies and drama!!!

My morning started out so well. Conner slept in till after 8:00 and Sasha took a nap short after her mom dropped her off this morning. It was nice and quiet and I was able to get so much accomplished. Got the laundry finished dishwasher unloaded usual house chores all done well before Conner and Sasha woke up. Unfortunately things went sour once Conner got up...sweet as always he gives me a hug and kiss when he first gets up and then goes wild. Sasha was sitting on the bed and Conner was showing off for her. He was jumping off the bed...as he's jumping I'm telling him the 5 little monkey thing hoping that maybe he would actually listen but as usual he just ignored me. Well on one of his jumps he landed on his foot wrong and now he can't stand on it or put any weight on it so mama has to carry him everywhere. It's not swollen or even bruised and we can move the ankle and he can bend his leg so we will try and wait for a little bit and see how he does but if it does not get better we might have to take him in and see what the problem is. Poor kid...always getting hurt or sick. We sure have had much drama lately...I ended up in the emergency room on Sunday and today Conner hurt his foot : (

The girls and their kidos got here for our cookie exchange and play date around 9:30 but I felt like a terrible host because I was holding Conner the entire time...he would not let me put him down. He wanted to play so bad with the other kids but just could not walk : ( We had a nice time though chatting and watching the kids play!!! We had lots of yummy cookies too...I made chocolate covered cake balls, sugar cookies and another gross recipe that was definitely not worth all the effort. Then Kelsie brought chocolate chip cookies and Sara brought these yummy wreath cookies. We never did get to make the chocolate covered pretzel rods...maybe next time. Thanks girls...I think I have my sugar fix for a while now. At this rate I may be 100# heavier by the end of this pregnancy!!! Thanks Sara for picking up the Tylenol for me...made my morning a little easier!!!

I went to the library this afternoon after Neal got up and got a bunch of videos for Conner since he can't get around and play but he wont let me get up either I have to sit right next to him and watch them with him. I hope that he will be a little better tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ouch! Thinking of you and hoping Connor gets better soon!! Congrats on the new job news! Hope that helps you guys ease into the change more easily! :) Yay!

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

Thank YOU for inviting us...seeing as you just moved in. Hope Conner gets better soon.

Angie said...

what were you doing in the emergency room??????? hope conner gets better. maybe hes got a sprain??

Bernadetta said...

Angie-I guess the stress got to me...and I might have over done it with the move. I was in a lot of pain on Sunday and after calling my midwife we headed to the hospital to get things checked out. The baby is ok so that was good and I'm feeling much better!!! Just needed to rest I guess. Conner is still not putting any weight on his foot so we are taking him in this afternoon to get some x-rays done!!