CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Enjoying a quiet house....

The kids are taking a bit of an early nap today. They were both cranky and in need of some rest so I'm enjoying a bit of quiet and peace. Don't get me wrong I like the jibber jabber of my two sweet boys but sometimes you just need to collect your thoughts. They are having a boring day though because their mom has been busy doing laundry cleaning house making food. I did take a day off yesterday and I'm regretting that decision very much our house was a complete disaster this morning! It's raining here in our part of the woods. I like it though it's refreshing and it smells so good and just loving the idea of all the dirt and salt washing away. On our walk yesterday we were noticing the trees starting to bud just a little bit and I just got this feeling of renewal.  Spring is always so refreshing after a long cold winter. I'm finding that the older I get the more I dislike the cold. Time change this week will make it really seem like spring is just around the corner. We did wake up to the chirping of birds this morning.....not sure if there is a better sound to wake up to and certainly not Conner yelling in my ear "commmeeee oooooon mama giiiit up, lets play mom" ohhh wait I like to wake up that way too.
My list of things that I LOVE about spring
  • spring cleaning....yeas I really do love it!
  • perfect weather
  • rainy nights
  • everything waking up (including me)
  • being able to open the windows
  • the smell...I love the smell of rain and spring...nothing like it
  • longer days
  • being able to go outside without ooodles of layers
  • flowers....tulips, daffodils, violets ohhh and my favorite the little white bells not sure what they are called you can see them HERE though.
As you can tell spring is on my mind. I feel like it's here now and just looking forward to what's ahead. 



This just makes me happy!!! Haha ok now that I'm looking at this picture of these beautiful flowers I have to share this....my husband will be mad at me but ohh well. Like I've said before I am an open book!!

The Conversation on the way home from meeting last Sunday:

Me: You know you used to get me flowers once in a while (this only came up because we have a florist in our meeting and he brought in roses for us ladies along with a message of hope) 

Neal: Yeah I used to get you flowers quite a bit (once a year is quite a bit for him)

Me: Yeah what happened

Neal: (a little pause) well they just die why would I give you death!!!

Me: (silence for most of the trip home) wow thanks for that hun!!! I will never look at flowers the same way again......haha. I tell ya my husband really is not a romantic.

Flowers still make me feel all fuzzy inside!!!!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

A day off, you say? You did not just go there!

LissaMae said...

Tell Neal I need to have a word with him.

Melissa said...

Ha! Kurt always says similar things about buying me flowers! I keep trying to tell him it's the thought that counts! :) He does occasionally surprise me, though. Just not at the times a woman would think she'd be getting flowers! I think that's a good thing?! :)