CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Beach days coming to a close.....

One of the many MANY many many castles we built this summer!!! I'm a little sad that our beach days are numbered. September is approaching quickly and it's FULL already with plans. I'm hoping I can still get out there with the kids a handful of times but I'm pretty sure Neal's last beach day was yesterday :( I am excited about fall though the orchards, apples, grapes, apple pie, crisp air, sweat shirts, fall colors, pumpkin picking, trick-or-treating! I do love fall!
 They put in a new FUN bus at the little playground at the beach we go to. The kids absolutely love this thin. We have not made too many trips to the playground this summer....simply too hot but we are lucky to have this playground right by the beach so we can cool off when we get hot!
When this kid is tired he will sleep anywhere. I just tell him baby Ethan you need to go night night and he lays down and goes to sleep...no joke!!! Conner HATED/HATES naps to this day but NEEDS them!
This is one of the toys I got the kids on clearance at Target!!! SO fun but SO messy it has 100 balls and they are scattered all over. They sure had fun with it for a while but I put it away last week. I was tired of the mess we will have to dig it out once in a while for them to play in.....
Uncle Mike has spent at least one day a week here with us this summer!!! Kids always love it when he visits and so do we. Mike and Neal either go and play basketball or golf and have a little quality time then we all get to do something together. Mike starts school in just a couple weeks so those visits are numbered as well. Hopefully they can work something out between their schedules to be able to get together at least once in a while this winter. This week Mike spent the night and Conner got to sleep in his little tent in our room. I think this was the COOLEST thing to him. He had so much fun camping that he now wants to do it every night :)
Last weekend we attempted going to the WI state fair. Everyone had such great things to say about it that we wanted to find out what it was all about. It was a waist of money, time and frustration and it's simply not for us! Conner did get to go on a couple rides which he loved!
They had SO many animals but ti was very crowded and incredibly difficult to get around with a double stroller!!! Even the kids activities and things were so hard to get to maybe if our kids were older it would have been more fun!The horses were a hit with the kids though :)

We did get a picture with smokey the bear....Ethan thought he was pretty cool!!!
 Sharing an ice cream cone!!!
(Picture stolen form Angie's Blog)
Well since the fair did not work out we called up Angie and Derek and went to Chicago to meet the newest addition to the family. Sweet little baby Cole....he is just so tiny and adorable and has that sweet baby smell. Something so special about getting to hold a little baby. He's so cute and super lucky to have such great parents and siblings!!!

Well I think that is all I have for now!!! It's storming here this afternoon so the run I was planning this afternoon is out :P Two weeks till our 5K and I have not trained in a week so it should be interesting. The kids are napping and I wasted the entire time on here. Ohh well I have not had nap time to me in a long long time so I deserve it. I will be one busy mama when they wake up tho.....this place is a mess....how does that happen so quickly?!?!!? Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?!?!!?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Adorable pictures! Your little guys are just so sweet!

p.s.-we have a ball pool, too...only ours has 200 balls! The secret is to have it out for a little while (until you are absolutely sick of picking up the balls!), then put it away for a few months, then bring it back out.....works well and keeps it an AWESOME toy!