CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hardi harrrr harrrrr...........

I am SOOOO proud of my little boy!!! He did so well at the dr. appointment today and he later informed me that it was his favorite dr. The nurse was so fantastic with him. With all the touching and questions and demands to look at this and that he did EVERYTHING that he was asked. SO SO proud that I almost cried....only because he can be so strong willed, stubborn, frightened of strangers, shy and uncooperative and I was so worried that he would just hide in a corner.


The verdict NOT GOOD.....we will be going to pick out glasses tomorrow. They are STRONG but not because his eyes are bad only because his left eye needs to be corrected. He also has to wear an eye patch 2 hours every day. In May we go in for an MRI with sedation.....eeeek!!!! Because it is such a late onset the dr. wants to make sure that it's not something more serious that would require surgery which he said is a 2/3 possibility....keep your fingers crossed that the eye patch and glasses work. The surgery would not be on the eye but at the back of the head to open up a nerve that presses on the eye and causes it to turn in. Not sure what that condition was called.

I also made an appointment for Ethan to make sure his are ok because if it is caught earlier it is much easier to correct and since one kid has it the other has a strong possibility of also having the same problem.

SO hardi harr harrr our little man will have an eye patch and we will be playing pirate around here for a while :)

4 comments:

LissaMae said...

Hope the glasses and patch will work!!

Bill, Shanda, Kylie & Karena said...

awww poor lil boy and what a brave lil guy!! Man as a kid I had to have the patches done 2 my left eye also! I still 2 this day cant see out of my left eye as good as my right! But for awhile there I couldnt see a thing!! And hated wearing glasses as a kid because they left lense was so much thicker and my right hardly needed any correction! Thanks to technology now they can make them both the same size....or i guess I enjoy my contacts anyway :) Hope all goes well for him and you, cuz that cant be easy watching him :(

Melissa said...

Aww! What a little trooper! Hope all ends up being a smooth experience. Always hard as the parent to watch our kids in the medical setting!!!!

Angie said...

hope things work out for him. i know he'll be cute in his glasses tho!