CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another peek...

I'm just so impatient I wanted to wait and show you a picture of the bathroom all finished but I just can't! I did get it all touched up today and we have perfectly straight lines....makes this gal very happy!!! I had to paint everything, ceiling, walls and trim. So I'm almost convinced that they did not mix the paint correctly. The picture really does not show the true color either but I did not want to use the flash on the camera because the the design on the wall does not show. The color turned out more green than the blue grey that it should have been....I was pretty upset actually because this is the 2nd time that it has happened. Ohh well I still like it and it's a HUGE improvement over the brown.
I'll post a picture once we get the new mirror in there (when I buy it) and some floating shelves above the toilet. 
Since I was not a huge fan of the paint color I wanted to do something a little different and fun. I saved the insert out of a ripped reusable grocery bag  a while ago....I knew it would come in handy ;) I drew a little design on it and then cut it out. I mixed a little of the wall paint with the ceiling paint just to make it a TAD BIT lighter and used the cut out design as a stencil. It turned out SUPER. 
 I did not measure or anything just kind of eyeballed it and came up with this pattern. I don't have the patience to measure ;)  I really love how it turned out. I don't think this would look good in a big room but in a small space it really creates a fun effect it's just really subtle.  Ohhh and yes I put the door back on ;0 not that our kids know how to use it....grrrr.
Look how different the color looks with the flash....still not really the true color it is. So there it is ALMOST all done!!

4 comments:

Janice said...

You've got quite a talent and do such a wonderful job.

Kimberly said...

Looks awesome! How crafty and clever you are! Hope you guys are feeling better. We miss seeing our neighbors.

Melissa said...

That looks really great, Betta! You are nothing short of amazing, girl!

Melissa said...

Love this, Betta! Wow! You have a gift for this kind of thing! The pattern is beautiful!