CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanks MOM....

I'm pretty sure that I have this addiction from my mom. I LOVE plants, flowers, digging in the dirt ect. I could spend hours just pulling weeds :) It's very therapeutic for me!
I needed to get the mums I had in these planters out....they probably could have lasted a while longer in there but it was time. I got all those planted in our new flower beds in the back but I had two empty planters to fill. I found these topiary trees for REALLY cheep. They have these at Home Depot for $46 each and I got BOTH of these for a fraction of that cost....SCORE!!! I was pretty excited. They will be inside during the colder months but I guess that they bloom pretty white flowers in the springtime followed by red fruit. 

I'm trying to get some inspiration for the next paint project but I have NON whatsoever. This will be the big one.....kitchen, butlers pantry, foyer and hall. It will all be a very neutral color just not sure what yet. I will probably start on the trim work next week since I still have paint for that. Any suggestions? 
This just drives me nuts though....looking from the kitchen into the foyer/living room there are 3 colors the burnt orange, green and the tan.....it's just too much for me.

Well time for me to go have another cookie and then try and relax for a while....house is completely quiet!!! Everyone has been sleeping since 8:30 including Neal. It's so nice to be able to get things done without any interuptions :)

2 comments:

Janice said...

When you need some more therapeutic time next summer, I have plenty of gardens that would love some attention :) I love flowers, but don't have time for all the flower beds here but can't stand the thought of tearing them out. So weedy or not, they are staying :)

bschmert said...

I LOVE your front door topiaries! Soooo pretty! Looks like you're having lots of fun with your house.
:)