CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 23, 2011

Cookie date.....

Every year my sis and I and the kidos get together to bake Christmas cookies. This year since we moved so far we were obviously not going to be able to make that date. The girls had an idea to skype and bake SO for over 3 hours we chatted on skype and baked cookies though I think they had me beat by a long ways I think they made like 3 different cookies and I baked and decorated one batch :) at the end of the night most the cookies were gone and I was still cleaning up the mess.
 Boys thought that it was pretty neat to be able to talk to their cousins....they miss them a whole lot :(
 hahahha....there they are in the computer screen. Ethan kept on saying I wanna go IN there....hahah.
 Sugar cookies all baked and ready to decorate.....had to improvise I did not have enough butter to make them so I had to substitute half with shortening still good tho!!!
 Conner flooding the snowman....we decorated with royal icing once again I did not have enough powdered sugar only about half of what I needed but they turned out ok.
 Conner flooding a gingerbread man.....Ethan lost interest by this time. Ohhh and yes Conner was wearing his Spiderman costume the entire time :)
 All done!!!

 Behind the scenes.....no one ever believes me when I tell them that our house gets messy! Well here is proof. I think we all have a tendency to post the pretty and beautiful and I know I do but here it is......looks much better than it was too. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed of the mess or sticky messy floors. I have kids and we have fun and we make messes.
hahah....this was just one corner......there were puffs and cheerios ALLL over the kitchen and I wish I had gotten a picture of Ethans royal icing footprints on the floor. YES ROYAL ICING FOOTPRINTS:) SO there you have it non believers....the proof!

Grandma and Papa will be here some time tomorrow and we are ohhh so excited. We missed them a whole ton. Looks like we should have nice weather too in the high to mid 60's so that is exciting. We were a little worried because all this week it showed rain and 50's.

2 comments:

Jim and Donna said...

yikes never have royal iced cookies before, beautiful job even the mess is worth that finished product hope you saved some for gramma and grampa

The Papendorfs said...

the cookies look great! I love that statement and should have it plaqued on my wall,"We have kids and we have fun and we make messes!" I'm sure there has to be one somewhere to buy :)