CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fun play date.....

We had a very fun play date on Monday! Some friends of our invited us to their house for lunch and a swim in their lake/pond. There were 20 kids there of all ages so Conner and Ethan were both happy little boys. Bob and Karen have an absolutely stunning  home and so fun to visit them. Thanks for having us!!!
This is my DREAM driveway!!! I have ALWAYS wanted a tree lined driveway but would prefer something with pretty foliage for the fall colors!!
Their little beach....not really all that little!!
The back of the house from the lake!
Me taking the kids for a little ride in the paddle boat!
Ethan just having a blast playing in the boat with Miriam!
Miriam with her mama Amy taking a ride!
Conner loved playing with the bigger kids and held his own keeping up with them. They were having a water fight here!
Karen with her Grand daughter just chillin on the lake!
Conner learned so much again and I think it's just being around older kids. He is just a little fish now and loves the life jacket now so that made me SOOOOO happy. He hated that thing before Monday!
he thought he as pretty big.....he is!!!


In other news...I am so proud of my little Ethan. He has parted ways with his paci. When we were at our play date I lost his favorite plug somewhere in the midst of our crazy morning. I had one.....but...... he is VERY picky and only took a certain kind. Well when it was nap time I still tried it thinking that something was better than nothing. He kinda chewed on it for a bit then threw it down and went to sleep on his own. Granted he was extremely tired but still. Well I took advantage of this and kinda decided to just go with it. With Conner we cut him off cold turkey as well...for me this is the easiest. It's not a temptation if it's completely gone! SO I took it away yesterday. He did so well went to bed on his own like he usually did. I snuggled him a bit then put him in his crib and he went to sleep. Today he did have a hard time at nap time but did eventually go down without it and at bed time he did just fine without it!!! SUPER proud of him as I did not expect this to happen this soon or this easily especially since he has been very attached to it! My baby boy is growing up....this just seems like a big step to me and it did when Conner gave up his as well! Potty training next. He does like to  it but that's all we have done for now he thinks it's cool to be like his big brother and sit on the potty :) He is only 16 months so we have a little while to potty training!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Way to go Conner! It so much less stressful when they finally start wearing the life-vest. And what a big boy Ethan!! You've got Tommy beat! He just has his for bed though so not so bad.