CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

keeping my fingers crossed.....

I have had this problem for as long as I can remember. I get these sores in my mouth almost dime size blisters that last about a week at a time and a lot of the times I get up to 5 of them at a time and sometimes on my throat as well. Not something that would happen once in a while but some would disappear and other appear. Let me tell you this is SOOOOO incredibly painful and some nights before bed I would just cry from pain....no joke. My whole mouth feels like it's been hit by a baseball bat and EVERY tooth in my mouth would hurt as well. Talking difficult eating at times out of the question especially half way through them appearing.....good diet pill tho!!!! I have gone to the dr. for them and I've always been told that it's from stress and that there is not much I could do about them the dentist did not help either. It's so frustrating and upsetting and hopeless until hopefully now....I'm feeling optemistic anyway. I've done research on the web before with the same answer....STRESS!!!! But just recently I found that they may be caused by reaction to a chemical in toothpaste...WHAT!!!!!!  At first I was like ok that's probably not true but hey it's worth a try right.
So the next day I went to Target and got Burt's Bees which was the only toothpaste without SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfaite) It's been two months and I have not had ONE sore blister in my mouth!!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. To be honest I have gotten used to the pain but WOW it's so nice to not have it!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that they do not come back!!!

4 comments:

Janice said...

How exciting. I hope this takes care of the problem.

LissaMae said...

Wow- I hope this works out!

Melissa said...

You're probably on to something...I usually tell patients to stay away from all those fancy toothpastes that lure them at the store. A basic toothpaste is all a person needs (not tartar control, whitening, etc!!). We use Tom's of Maine. Also, wondering if you notice the sores appear more when you've been eating lots of tomatoes or citrus fruits??

Bernadetta said...

Melissa....tomatoes irritate it but I finally determined that they do not cause it. I did a test :)

I wanted the Tom's tooth paste but the ones at Target all had the SLS but I guess that's one of the brands that is not supose to have it!!