CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happy b-day Neal....

Yesterday was Neal's b-day.....he turned 28 :) Getting close to 30 now!!! I hope he had a nice day!!! The kids and I made him special home crafted cards and picked up a couple little things for him to open. I baked him his strawberry rhubarb pie chocolate chip cookies and of course made him sweet tea and a lasagnateenie for supper with all the sides :) He had the day off so we spent it at the beach soaking up the sun. It was nice to be able to spend the day with him. Today he got his real b-day present....football tickets!!! He will be going to see the Bears play in Chicago sometime in October!!!! He's very excited about that and I'm sure Mike is as well.

Having a relaxing day today as well. Neal is working tonight and tomorrow night so it's just me and the kids all weekend :( We did manage to go to the arts fair this morning which I enjoyed so much. One of my favorite local artists was there.....SO GOOD that it makes me mad!!! He had a HUGE pencil drawing of Marilyn Manroe that was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen!!! It was just perfect and almost looked like a reproduction but if you took a closer look you can see the little tiny pencil marks. So amazing and inspirational!!!! It also cost $9,000.00....WAWSA!!!! There were so many fantastic artists one of which was an elderly woman who had oil paintings that just made me giddy with excitement. I loved her color combinations and she had a lot of nature pieces which are my favorite since I am inspired by nature!! People are so incredibly talented!!!!

Now I'm waiting for the kids to wake up. We are planing on going to a pretty grass field I found to take some pictures. Hopefully they turn out nice!!! It is so hot outside so I may just change my mind once we are out there :) Usually I am all about the heat and humidity and it does not bother me too much but for some reason this year I am having a hard time with it. Having two kids to chase around or carry around might have something to do with it!!! Still loving this summer and am a little sad that it's half way over.

2 comments:

LissaMae said...

Happy Birthday, Neal!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Neal! My husband would be jealous of his birthday present! :)