CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 16, 2010

The unexpected guest....

Yesterday was my once a week thorough cleaning day....ehh hem.....now my cleaning day is probably not like most peoples cleaning day. See I start with one room and work my way through the house. Usually I start with our bedroom and bathroom mostly because I can also finish up any laundry that I have leftover from the week in between scrubbing, dusting, washing the floor, putting misc. items in their spot and so on and so forth :) but see while I'm doing that part the rest of the house is just getting destroyed by two little workers not to mention that all the cleaning supplies and misc. items that I find and need to be put in their place end up in the kitchen till I get to that point. I should take a picture one day of this process to give you a better idea of what this looks like, but all I can say is that it's NOT pretty! I've always been like this though when I clean I CLEAN!!! I mean under the rug behind the dresser and under the bed kind of thing!!!! Eventually I get to Conner's room and the living room and the guest bathroom but the kitchen is ALWAYS last....why well I'm not sure part of MY process I guess!!!
Why do I do this I mean when someone comes to visit  the first thing they see is the living room and kitchen right who cares if the bedroom is a mess they don't even get to see that part. I wish I could change the process but I can't it's just not possible....hahah....this is my dads mentality and I hate it!!! When I was little I was the little cleaner but my dad is always the instigator watching, directing. You dust before vacuum, wash the floor last, dust to the right not to the left, don't vacuum too fast and in a straight line etc. etc. get the idea??? I mean that is just silly and rediculous and well there are a million ways to do one thing right???? Why then can't I change the process not sure but all I can say is that it is MY process and that's what works best for ME but I do not care one tiny bit how someone else does it or if anyone else does it at all. So I'm not talking just about cleaning here if you know what I mean.

Wow this post has gone in a totally different direction here.....haha guess that this was bothering me. Anywho.....yesterday afternoon AFTER I cleaned up the entire house and it was spotless and shiny and clean and smelled nice and fresh and I had the candles burning and the kids were napping so there were no toys scattered all over the house making it difficult to make it across the room and I had cookies in the oven and working on a card for Neal's b-day the doorbell rang.....WHAT ....who could that be???? Well the unexpected guest of course :) I sure felt like I had things under control looking like such a good house wife and mother! Clean house, cookies, cards, candles, quiet house.....wow did I fool them. WHAT if they came just an hour earlier when you could barely walk in the kitchen and the kids were screaming because they were tiered and I was frustrated with the mess and ready to scream myself well I probably would have hid in my clean bedroom feeding my kids candy to keep them quiet till the unexpected guest left!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Gotta love it when we're lucky enough to have a sparkling house when guests arrive unannounced!!! :) WHEW!

Angie said...

I'm just wondering who your unexpected guest was! LOL