CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The kids and I packed up early Saturday morning and headed to Rockford for the weekend. Neal had to work and had to bring work home to get some things ready for this week and so we kinda needed to get out of his hair so he could get things done. It actually worked out well because my sisters boyfriend was out of town for a pre-season football game and the PGA Championship in Milwaukee so we were able to spend the weekend together....it was fun!!!
The girls are quite the little mamas and help so much with the boys. It was like a mini vacation for me!
We spent Saturday at the Forest Hills Country Club pool. It was nice because majority of the day we had the pool ALL to ourselves. My sister treated us to lunch too....thanks sis.
My sister with the boys after we had our lunch!!!
Conner going off the diving board over and over and over and over again!!!!
Even I conquered a HUGE HUGE fear. I went off the HIGH diving board. I'm scared of heights and not a very strong swimmer so yes this was big deal for me and it felt good to overcome it. It would be so much easier if there was something to hold on to while walking out to the end of that diving board. It took me like 45 minutes but I finally took the dive. The worst part is just walking out there.....good thing we were the only ones there :)
Katie pushing Ethan around on his flotie...not for long though....he is just a mamas boy I tell ya!!!
Madzia and Conner being silly and Ethan just chillin and playing with some toys.
After the pool we had a fire....eventually.....us girls had a little trouble starting it. Unlike the men in our lives we did it the safe way and it did not include a can of gasoline :)  We did get it eventually though!
We had some smores and got CHEWED UP by mosquitoes. Those pests are terrible this year!!! My boys were so tired that it did not take them long at all to zonk out. Not to mention that it was like 2 hours past their bed time.
On Sunday we headed to my mom and dads. It was the Polish fest and it is LITERALLY in their back yard. They live two houses down from the Polish Catholic Church and the parking lot is behind their house and the Polish fest takes place in that parking lot and ALL around their house every year. It was fun but really really hot. The girls you see in this pictures dancing all go to the Polish school at the church to learn about the heritage and the language. They have done a Polish dance at the Polish Fest for the last few years. My mom MADE ALL THESE VESTS AND SKIRTS for them. Did she do a great job or what!!!! I have a super talented mom and as I was watching these girls dancing I was thinking back when I was a little girl and remembering all the clothes that she made for us, coats, dresses, skirts, shirts, and even undies :)
It will be so cool to one day really explain to my kids where I came from and to teach them a little about my heritage!
This was the youngest couple and they were so darling and did a fantastic job!!!


Conner went on some of the rides and did all the little games there and won lots of prizes!!!
The kids had way too much ice cream and way too many treats and by the end of the day were quite ready to go home but not as ready as their mom. By Sunday night I was just ready to be home and to see Neal. It was a fun weekend though!!!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. Way to go on the diving board. You wouldn't catch me doing that :)

Angie said...

Looks like lots of fun was had! Conner looks so cute on the diving board!!! And way to go you! I don't like the boards either.