CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ahhhhh.....

Feeling MUCH better.....the bug I had seems to have gone away :) my baby tummy is back too it was just about completely gone with me not being able to keep anything in me. I finally cleaned up the house and washed the dishes in my sink that piled up over 3 DAYS!!! Haha it was a MESS!!! I just had no energy at all and my tummy just killed and even kept me up at night but I am so glad no one else got it. I'm back to myself and even got my paint out today and did some painting :) it felt great and very relaxing. Baking these banana walnut white chocolate cookies tonight.....yummy. I did not have enough butter so used shortening instead so I hope that they turn out. I figure I have an extra hour with the time change tonight so mind as well put it to good use. Kids are so tired and ready for bed but I am determined to keep them up another hour to get them on the right schedule....usually I try to start a new routine a week before the change a little a time so that they don't have to get the full hour all at once but well this week was just not the right week.

Ethan had his 18 month appointment this week only 2 months late....hehe....mostly because of his shots being a bit behind. He did so incredibly well....he just did not care at all about the poking measuring and checking at all. He let the Dr. do whatever without a single whine.....totally the opposite of Conner. He did not even cry till the 3rd shot.....wow....I would cry if I had to had shots....hehe. I got the usual lecture about him being underweight....PEOPLE my kids are small nothing I can do about it. I DO NOT starve them!!! Ughh it's so frustrating to me....I have to go back in a month for a weigh in and measurements and if he continues on the same track 3rd percentile for weight and 95th for height I'm hoping they leave us alone :)
 I have to share this because I found it simply hilarious. Last week I received a gift card as payment for some sketches I did for someone of their kids. I had left the gift card on the kitchen counter and one of my kids decided to move it for safe keeping I guess. I had turned the house upside down looking for this gift card.....EVERYWHERE....including sifting through garbage not fun when you are sick and can't stand the smell of anything especially garbage. I gave up thinking it was either in the garbage and I missed it or it would eventually turn up. Well today I was making some toast and for some reason I looked inside and noticed it.....melted. Haha I'm surprised it did not smell like melting plastic. I just happened to notice it. Yay for me I get to go shopping for some art supplies :)

Ok kids smell cookies....we will go have some with milk then off to bed with them and then it's mommy and daddy time though Neal has to be up at 3 so we won't be staying up late either :P

Night Night

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope your little guy keeps on track enough that they leave you alone, too! I understand that doctors have a protocol they need to follow, but sometimes....there IS an exception. And I really really wish doctors would be open minded enough to realize and see that. I had an experience with doctors this week that makes me wanna march in there and say I TOLD YOU SO. Mommys know their children much better than doctors or medicine ever could.

Bernadetta said...

Yes I totally agree we do know our babies better.

We went through this exact same thing with Conner and it's just frustrating!