CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 4, 2010

What I love about my big boy Conner....

Conner is just a really sweet boy and I could not be luckier to have him as my firstborn. He has taught me so much about love, life, patience, courage, strength, he has been the start of our bliss. He changed our life in ways I can hardly explain, makes me want to be a better, stronger person. I recently read an article on how much a child will cost you in a lifetime and that many people choose not to have children at all because of the cost. For us it's not even possible to put a price on a child. I understand not wanting to bring a child into the world if you are not able to provide for them. Neal and I took a strong consideration before having kids as it was really important to both of us that one of us stay home with our children and raise them ourselves. We did not start a family till we knew we were in a position to do so. Yes we had to make lots of sacrifices with a one income but to us it's all worth it and neither one of us would trade those moments we have with our children for anything in the world. Others choose not to stay at home with their kids for many reasons, financial, personal, professional but whatever the reasons are they are their reasons and I respect that.
Now back to Conner....he has been impressing me lately with how quickly he is growing up and catching up. He had a late start did not talk till he was a bit over 2 1/2 while I watched other kids sing songs and talk in full sentences and impress me with their motor, verbal and other skills Conner scared me as to how far behind he was at times. I knew it would happen in time but he was my first and still continues to teach me every day. I've never done this before and don't know whats coming next so it's a journey for both of us. He reminds me of myself a lot but see so much of his dad in him as well. It's amazing how he can have so much of both of us in such a small being and so much stubbornness. He's sensitive like me but calm like his dad. He's a picky eater like I was but loves fruits and veggies like me. He loves sports like his dad but enjoys to color and draw and be creative like me. He likes hugs and kisses but does not like to snuggle like his dad. His curiosity always amazes me and his concern and love for nature always amazes me. He is a neat freak and tries so hard to please us that it truly amazes me. Example: we have a night time ritual we watch a movie before bed. The other day I started a video for us to watch and told him that it was all ready to go. It was playing for a while and Ethan and I were just waiting for him until I finally went to check on him. He was in his room just cleaning up and putting all his toys away. Never said anything to him at all about cleaning his room just something he chose to do. He loves his little brother so much and like all kids they have their moment but for the most part he is an amazing big brother.

In less then a month Conner will be 4 and I'm just reminded every day how quickly it's all happening....tooo quickly. I wish I could slow things down a bit.

Now for some pictures.
 I love that they love fruit like me!!! Hahaha they thought they were gonna get away with eating on the couch!!!
 They made a little bed with blankets and pillows and played there for hours till ALLLL the toys ended up in the center. It was a MESS....good thing I have an AWESOME helper :)
Resting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bernadetta.
So good to see your news here. And you have some wonderful little boys already. We still miss you up here in the middle of WI. Sure would be nice to see you again,,, and yours. Will be anxious to know when the new one is here too.
Greetings to all and LOVE!!!Myrtle

Angie said...

Conners apple still has the sticker on it :P haha cute pictures.

Melissa said...

Love their creativity!! Keitan & Andrew spent a few hours last night building and driving a car with pillows and bar stools and creating an obstacle course! What a mess, like you said, but what a great way to play!!! :)