CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 28, 2011

A mix of this and that :)

The other day kids and I went treasure hunting again : ) We came home with bags full of pine cones and branches. 
 I've always wanted to make this around the holidays but always seem to put it off. It's an awesome way to display Holiday cards!!! Use a few branches and the when you receive a card punch a little hole in it and then tie it to the branches with a pretty ribbon. 

 I used a cookie jar (it's a really big one) that I already had placed a bunch of pine cones in it to keep the branches from sliding around in the jar. I would love to get a mini battery operated light set to put in the jar but that costs money and I'm all about free ;)
I also made these adorable flowers out of the pine cones that we collected......told ya treasures. I have to look for some glitter in my raft stuff....hopefully I have some it would be cute to just add some sparkle to the edges and center. If I'm feeling motivated I might post directions for making these. Also have another project that I want to make with the cones but I need a sturdy flexible cardboard type material.....like a cereal box but that's not big enough. Hoping Neal comes home with something for me today.
These 3 guys have been very happy to have mommy's undivided attention the last few days. Since I've taken a break from painting I have had more time to spend playing with them.
 sitting in his chair and watching his brothers play outside.....not long buddy and you will be running outside with them.
So big!!!
He's going to be FIVE in just a few days. 
Conner has been asking for his training wheels to be taken off for weeks. I finally got brave enough today and took em off. He was a pro from the beginning took off basically right away. Another mile stone behind us :( really proud of him.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I LOVE your creative idea!!! Our boys are always collecting pine cones and now I have a way to use them all up! :) It's time to dig out winter decorations around here and I may just put this one to use!! Thanks! Congratulations, Conner, on the bike riding! That's always a big milestone! Keitan didn't get the hang of it until he was six and Andrew isn't brave enough quite yet...will see what spring brings! What fun! Soon they'll be riding alongside you as you go for a run! :) All your little guys are ADORABLE! Thanks for all the pictures on here! I've become so lax on my own personal blog! Maybe now that the weather is cold up here I'll get some pictures posted! :)

Kimberly said...

Hudson has been begging for the training wheels to come off since her birthday. Once she sees Conner, it will be a MUST...sigh...do they HAVE to grow up so stinkin fast?