CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tree

This is my other project that I completed last night after the kids went to bed using the pine cones. It took FOREVER but it was worth the effort. I think it looks pretty neat. I used this really thin cardboard that Neal brought home from work. It's the thickness of a cereal box maybe a little thicker. I made a cone out of the cardboard and then glued the pine cone pieces all around and all the way up. ANOTHER completely free decoration. BTW they sell something very similar and let me tell ya it's a lot more than free ;)

While I was making the cone  my hand slipped and my thumb went RIGHT into a huge blob of hot glue.....OUCH....When I was finally able to peel the glue off the skin came off with it SOOOOO my thumb is skinless and of course I just kept on going and then I dripped some glue on my arm so a have a skinless spot there too....heee!!! I still love my glue gun.


4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is AWESOME, Betta! Love it!

ShareandRemember said...

Amazing! You do beautiful work. Ohh, poor thumb! :(

Janice said...

Love your creativity and work. Beautiful!!

Melissa said...

WOW! That's a beautiful tree! Sorry about your thumb! The price we pay for creativity sometimes... :)