CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Downtown Eau Claire!!

Snack time downtown!!! Mommy and Conner!!!

Conner this morning while we were on a walk/run in his stroller!!
Looking down at the Eau Claire river!!!
Pushing his stroller!!!Picking out rocks to throw in the river!!!
Yummmy!!!!


This morning as I had promised myself Conner and I went for a run...well we walked most of the time as I do not have a stroller made for running and it's hard to push it on the sidewalk while running, it's a ten minute walk to the paved running path but I was able to get a 15 minute run in and a 20 minute walk which was nice. I wanted to take Conner down to a school playground not too far from our apartment so we walked over after our run but it's not open to the public and they had a lock on the gate, we were a little disappointed. After a shower and a snack we headed downtown Eau Claire to go to the library to pick up some books for Neal and I. Conner did not get to play too long in the kids area though, there was a little girl there with her brother and mom and the little girl kept on taking all of Conners books and then Conner wanted to sit down at one of the tables where her brother was sitting and the little boy just started screaming. The mom did not seem too concerned that their kids were very unwilling to share and Conner was a bit upset too because all of his toys were being taken away from him so we got some "potty" books for him and headed out. It was such a nice day out...humid but there was a nice breeze so I decided to walk around the downtown area for a little bit. We found a cool bridge over the river and a nice spot under the bridge to throw rocks in the water. After that little adventure we stopped at a bakery and got some treats. I got a cupcake that was so incredibly rich that it probably contained a days worth of calories but hey I went running right..ha ha!! Conner was all done with his cookie after 3 or 4 bites so I JUST HAD TO finish that as well. Silly kid, if I gave him carrots and dip or tomatoes he would eat them all and ask for more, it's no wonder I can't get him to put on any weight. After our snack we headed home for a nap. I was planing on sitting outside and reading a book while Conner was napping but I had a migraine all night and all day and decided to take a nap as well. Neal was up with us after our nap and we had supper, grilled chicken with corn on the cob and mashed potatoes...yummmy. Making the chicken made me pretty sick but it went down ok so that was good. We did baths already iron Neals clothes for work cleaned up and now are looking forward to a good night sleep. I'm not having a MooLate from DQ tonight so I should be able to sleep...hopefully!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

cute pictures and that cupcake looks delightful!!! i would have eaten it and conners cookie too lol

farron and cheri said...

Our boys must be related...I can't even keep Elliot out of the fridge if he knows there are tomatoes in it!