CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wow....

Thanksgiving is in 4 days.....wow!!!

Hey does anyone have any ideas. I baked PB cookies last night and they turned out all flat they have a really good taste but even in the picture they looked risen but mine are paper thin.....I used all the right ingredients (I think) any ideas what I'm doing wrong I tried another spice cookie recipe a while back and those turned out the same way. HELP please. The only thing that I was thinking is that my baking soda is old?!?!?!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I think you can test the baking soda by putting it in water. If it doesn't bubble its no good? Can't remember exactly. Otherwise..maybe the consistency of the butter...if its too soft or you mix it too long? I can never get the nestle's choc chip cookie recipe to turn out...

Melissa said...

I'd probably suspect the butter like Cheri said. I know when I get it too soft or mix the batter too much, my cookies tend to be flatter...
One other thing...do you cool your pans a bit before putting the next batch of cookie balls on?

Bernadetta said...

the recipe only calls for 1/2 cup of crisco no butter so not sure if that's what it is. I did test the baking powder and it was no good so we will see if that helps next time I bake. I might have over mixed them though they were going for quite some time I got distracted with the kids :)

Thanks guys