CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our goof ball!!

Not sure at first but he went for it!!!
Who needs a shower!!!







Conner slept in till 7:00AM this morning which was nice because I felt like I needed the extra rest. We bummed around in bed for another 30 minutes reading books then got up to have breakfast...Conner was not that hungry but I did get him to eat some oat meal and then I gave him some grapes. I cut the grapes up and put them in a little bowl for him like I usually do and left him in his booster seat while I loaded the dish washer. When I was finished I went and got him all cleaned up and got him out of his seat but he was not too happy for some reason and I could not figure out what the problem was...he was pulling at his onesie and and pointing and grunting I finally figured out what the problem was : ) He had shoved all his grapes down his onesie and he could not get to them as they were at the bottom of his diaper!!! He thought that it was pretty funny. He was a bit wild this morning so I was a little worried about meeting but before I put him in his car seat I told him we are going to meeting and that he would have to be a good boy and from that moment on he did not wiggle or make a sound....what a good little boy. After meeting we stopped at the farmers market...this was the first one that I have been to this year and I'm so glad I had made the stop. The fresh stands in Wisconsin are just amazing the strawberries, raspberries and all the fresh veggies...yummy. Since we do not have a garden of our own this year this was a great alternative. We got some young potatoes, sweet peas and dill weed and then headed home. Conner and I sat on the kitchen floor for about 15 minutes eating the fresh sweet peas right out of their shells and between the two of us we had eaten almost the whole bag. Conner likes them raw as much as he likes them cooked....he has to have sweet peas in everything, mashed potatoes, soup, mac and cheese otherwise I have a hard time getting him to eat. Conner went down for his nap almost immediately after our snack which was nice.

It seems like we wasted the whole afternoon but I really did not have the energy to do much and what are Sundays for anyway?!?!? When Neal got up we had supper...something that always brings me back to my childhood. Growing up my mom and dad never had much money and meat was always a Sunday treat but we always grew potatoes and one of our most re-occurring meals during the summer were young potatoes with butter and dill and fried eggs and that is exactly what we had for supper tonight....yummy....at least I thought so Neal is not a fan but he ate it anyway. After supper Neal worked on homework and Conner and I went outside to water the flowers....our nightly ritual : ) He loves to jump in the puddles and run under the water but today he did something especially funny...I almost fell over laughing. I have 2 hanging baskets in the front and they are the moss ones so when you water them the water runs right through them and Conner decided to stand right under the running water....he thought it was so funny and just giggled and giggled. I tried to get a picture but my camera stinks so I did not really get a very good one. The things he does sometimes just melt my heart.


No comments: