CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just not a very good week....

I know that it's probably my attitude more than anything but this week stinks. The kids (Neal included) are just not sleeping well and between the three of them waking up at different times of the night I just don't get any sleep and it's quickly catching up with me. Last week they were doing so well and this week it's just terrible not sure what's going on.

I feel like I'm going on coffee and sugar most days. Need a break....a date with my husband would be great too. Wow don't even remember when we went on a date night...lol. I am determined to use my Mothers Day present in November though. Why do I feel so guilty getting away for a couple of hours Neal can handle the kids I deserve to get away for a little bit why can't I seem to be able to do it though....ohhh yeah my husband works 14 hour shifts 7 days a week :) and that's why I feel guilty getting away AND that's why I feel like I need to get away. See what I mean my attitude stinks this week!!!! Need a new perspective and things will seem so much better than they are. Like the fact that G'ma Colson in in the hospital fighting to recover from a heart surgery and G'pa Colson is getting weak and tired because he had a heart surgery just a year ago and is trying to be so brave for his wife. Why am I sitting here feeling sorry for myself because my kids were up ever hour when things are so much worst for others. Like Mcmama who spent the night in the hospital with 1 year old baby Stellan fighting for his life. Why again am I being grumpy and frustrated and tired....I'm not because I'm blessed with healthy beautifull kids and a wonderfull husband who make my life complete and if things seem a little down and frustrating I just need to remember that it could always be so much worst.

5 comments:

Janice said...

Hang in there Betta! We as mothers all have felt at some point and time, the way you are feeling. Take that time for yourself to get away a couple hours or so to clear your mind and don't feel guilty. We all get weary at times but need to take care of ourselves so we can take care of our children. So, go and enjoy when you get the chance.

Melissa said...

Hey you...sounds like you need a grandma to come stay with you for a few days so you can get a 'breather'! And I'm not sure that I can tell you what a date night with your husband is like...it's been sooo long here too that I've kinda forgotten what that is! Make an 'sos' call to grandma asap!

Angie said...

here here! how about sometime in nov I come watch the kids and you can go use that gift card then you can use neals time off for family time! :) (you would have to bake me some gingerbread cookies to eat while you are off pampering though lol) let me know. i would totally do that. btw, we all have days like that. tomorrow will be a new day and you'll laugh at todays mood.

Melissa said...

I think all of us mothers can totally relate! We got through ups and downs and when things seem to pile one on top of the other (e.g. long hours for hubby, sleepless nights, etc.) we all get to feeling a bit haggard!! Been there, done that! Hang in there and know that it won't always be this way! You're just in a valley right now and you'll be back on top of the hill before you know it. Until then, don't beat yourself up for feeling the way you do...we are all human! :) Hugs to you!!

Bernadetta said...

Thanks for the encouragement...I feel better already :)

Hmmmmm I might have to take you up on that offer Angie...funny you should mention those cookies cuz I was gonna make some today but I think I just make the dough tonight and bake the cookies tomorrow so come on over :)