CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1st day of October!!!

My little pumpkin : )
Have I mentioned that I REALLY want a new camera : ) He loved to count the pumpkins...but he only knows 2..haha!!! So he would go to every one and say two...two....two!!!
One year ago...he was just starting to walk : ( They grow up too quick!!!

Hard to believe but October is here!!! Before we know it we will be moving again and with a brand new baby!!! Time is really flying for us these days and it seems to go by quicker every day. Neal's crazy schedule is starting as well and from now on out 14 hour shifts will be more of a norm for him...sigh...it only lasts for a few months though. Conner will be 2 soon which seems so hard to believe. It seems like just yesterday he was still cooking in my belly and now he's looking to cook up some trouble. He has defiantly entered the terrible two's stage and tests me every chance he gets. He never was a snugly baby and is very independent in many ways...has to do everything on his own with mom watching close by, feed himself, drink from a GLASS not sippie cup or he gets mad, by himself, walk up and down the stairs on his own. He is affectionate in his own little ways but prefers to keep his distance unless he's jumping on you and being silly or needs something that he can't do or get on his own. In some ways I guess it's nice but it's scary at times as well. Can't believe how quickly he's growing up. He's still not talking much but surprises us every day with his little accomplishments...all in his own time I guess. Potty training went to the back burner, with convention we took some steps backwards which is normal I guess and with our trip to Rockford next week I might just not push the issue till we get back. We are trying to enjoy the weather every chance we get...with days getting shorter and the nights so cold already there is no telling when we wont want to stick our noses outside. We went to get some apples again today as the Honeycrisp's are now ready in our area and those are MY FAVORITE...both the kiddos had fun and Conner LOVED all the pumpkins that they had out.

The little girl that I watch, Sasha, has truly amazed me lately. She is just SO well behaved and never cries and plays on her own and I kept on thinking to myself...WOW Conner was a really really cranky little boy. I have always had to be right there for him and hold him all the time...he would play on his own I guess but I had to be right there watching him otherwise he would cry and whine!!! He is still like that independent but all of my attention has to be on him. For example...when I'm on the computer he squeezes in between me and the screen and when he knows he has my attention he goes and plays again....reading a book...if for a second I turn away from the book he grabs my face with his two little hands and turns my head back to the book...yeah. So finally today I asked Kristy, Sasha's Mom, if she behaves as well for her....WELL I guess she DOES NOT AT ALL. She can hardly get her to sleep for a nap or at night...she has to hold her all the time and has been worried about leaving her here because of how she has been behaving with her...funny how that works but I won't complain and will just enjoy this great stage that she is in now...Conner keeps me pretty busy anyway : )

No comments: