CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

She's here....

She is just gorgeous!!!
Sorry for the blurry pictures...it was HUMID!!!
At the airport...this is the 1st time her and my sister met!!!
Looking a little tired and scared :)
First peek :)


Sooooo here is the story!!! My brothers daughter came this Sunday from Poland. Her lay over flight in Warszawa was delayed for 8 hours so the poor girl had to wait there all by herself. Instead of arriving at Ohare at 3 in the afternoon on Sunday she arrived at 11:10 PM. My sister and I along with baby Ethan went to pick her up and that is why we did not get to see all of the fireworks. All our plans were a little messed up because of the delay. My dad had NO idea that she was coming so the surprise dinner ended up being a birthday/anniversary celebration. She spent the first night in America breaking into a house too...kinda funny. Neal drove my sisters car home after the fireworks and had her keys and garage door opener. By the time we made it home it was 2 AM and Steve and the kids were sleeping and did not hear the door bell, phone or the knocking....kinda funny. The garage window was open so we took the screen out and gave Kasia a boost into the window then she opened the garage door for us. Poor girl had quite a 24 hours!!! She seems to be enjoying herself though....can't wait to spend more time with her. My brother and his wife are very brave for sending their only 14 year old daughter to a foreign country on her own to be with us....we are basically complete strangers to her....a little sad but it is what it is and we will take the little time that we have with her and make the best of it :)

4 comments:

Cheri said...

She is soo pretty..and looks a lot older than 14! I flew to N Ireland in my teen years and the same thing happened to me...8 hour layover and got locked out when I got there!!

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

She is so gorgeous, looks a lot like you to me. Are you going to be around on the 9th? Email me. :):)

Angie said...

I agree with Sara - she looks just like you! Very beautiful. I love her hair too.

Melissa said...

Wow! What a family resemblance!! She's beautiful! Enjoy your time together! :)