CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hard to believe...

It's amazing to me that July is half way over. It seems like just yesterday I was 9 months pregnant and shoveling the snow off our driveway. Before we know it we will be making trips to local apple orchards and picking pumpkins for Halloween. Time seems to be just flying by these days. It seems like it has been such a mild summer this year. We have barely turned on the air and most nights sleep with the windows open. Usually I really enjoy the hot summer days but this year the mild weather has been nice.

We have been keeping busy around here. Going here and there and it seems like all I do is pack and unpack and do laundry. Almost looking forward to August and for things to settle down a bit. We are still feeling very content in our little apartment here in Johnson Creek. It's been rather nice not having the responsibility of a house :) We do miss having a back yard but have enjoyed quite a few visits to the beach. We park our chairs on the shore and watch Conner play in the water and sand...very relaxing. We have decided that we might have to buy something on the water one day :) If we ever get to a point in our lives where we are in a position of doing so but for now we will continue to make the drive to a lake or pool!!!

My struggles with weight loss continue and once again I'm feeling frustrated. I'm close to my goal now but the last 10 pounds are just killing me. The hungry feeling in my tummy never leaves and even with the running and exercising and watching what I eat the scale continues to stay put....grrrr. Neal has started runnign with me which has been nice but also a little frustrating for me because in 2 weeks he has lost over 10 pounds just by adding running to his rutine and I've put on a few pounds. Not fair!!!! Ohh well...I am feeling much better though so that's important.

Neals work is going well. It seems like the transition to this store was much easier for him than any other store that he has been at. I see him growing and learning every day. He does not seem to dread going to work as much as he used to so that is nice to see. It helps that he is no longer working nights. I have this strange feeling that we wont be in Johnson Creek for a very long time...I guess we will see what the future will bring though.

Well I think I've writen down all that's in my head tonight. Maybe I can actually get a good night sleep now. That is if Conner does not wake me up screaming 5 or 6 times for the 4th or 5th night in a row.

No comments: