CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Simple phrase led to many many thoughts....

The other day while Ethan was napping Conner Neal and I were sitting on our bed chatting and Conner just gave me a big hug and said "mommy your my best fwend" of course 2 minutes later he said the same thing to his daddy and then he said that same thing about his little brother Ethan. Made us grin just knowing that he really does not yet know what "being a best friend" really means. Still it melted our hearts and made me tear up.

I have spent a lot of time since then thinking. This simple phrase keeps coming back to me for reasons that I'm not willing to share on here but I just really do hope that some day he still feels that way about his mom and dad. That he can feel like we are his friends when he is growing up and can come to us for guidance, direction, help, or even just to laugh about something or to TALK about a situation that he is going through. I can't even explain how important this is to me and I hope that I as a parent can somehow show my children that I am here for them to listen to them and to really hear them.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes too! I too love all the little kisses, hugs and "I love you's" that are floating around our house these days! I hope they continue forever!!!!