CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 1, 2010

I love fall....

Fall is most definitely here now!!! The leaves the mums and pumpkins and little signs of wild flowers that are still in bloom ohhh and than there is the fall food. Soups and stews and chillie and of course everything pumpkin :) The weather is fantastic too and we have been spending a lot of time outside!
Our sidewalk has no more room for any more chalk coloring :)
We have this tradition that every fall we pack a picnic (always the same thing chicken salad sandwiches and sides) and head down to the lake one last time as a family to enjoy the outdoors. I think we did it a bit early this year so hoping we can get one more in with Neal before it gets too cold.
Throwing rocks into the creek!!!
Feeding the ducks of course :)
My cheesy little man!
Is he handsome or what!!!
Trying out the big boy swing!!!
The other handsome man!!
They look so strange when they say cheese.....cute tho!!!
Picking flowers to take home to put in a flower pot so that the butterflies can drink the nectar when the snows rains :) and it's cold outside....sweet little boy!!!
 I think there was quite a bit of spit on there but the dandelion would not budge :) 
 It's so hard getting a decent picture of the two of them happy and smiling and looking at me all at the same time :)
Even with the many things going on in our life right now I did manage to already make one trip to the apple orchard. We had so much fun....the kids ate way too many doughnuts and treats. We went on the wagon ride around the orchard which was a highlight for the kids. We were the only ones on the wagon too so that was kinda fun :)
Conner got to go on the horsie ride for like 20 min. We were the only ones there so they just let him ride and ride....highly enjoyable for this big boy!!!
They had baby goats that were only 5 days old.....so cute and of course the kids thought they were pretty cool.
He thought the tractors were pretty neat too.

I can hardly believe that it's almost the end of the year. We have also officially been in one place for the longest time. We have been in Johnson Creek for 18 months now.....almost a strange feeling but it does feel good. I'm not at all looking forward to the winter that is now just around the corner. Winters are tough here for me. Not too much to do unless I drive for like an hour not even an indoor mall with a play area. So being pregnant cooped up at home with 2 kids and Neal of course busy with the 4th quarter it will be a LOOOONG winter. Ohh well we will make it:) I guess I better get this day started I was up at 5 this morning and by 7 the kids and I were ready to go get some groceriess....well for the 2nd day in a row my husband forgot to leave me car seats....grrr......ohh well gave me time to blog and now we will head outside for some play time!!!!

3 comments:

Janice said...

Even though fall is a sure sign winter is coming, it sure is a pretty time of year.

Melissa said...

What a great family tradition! CUTE pics! I hear ya on the car seat thing... :) Such a disappointment to go out to our van and find none!! LOL!

Elaine G. said...

What nice pictures of those cute little boys, they are growing up so fast......