CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Many of you probably have seen this trick on pintrest. You basically water down Elmers glue and dip yarn/string in it then wrap it around a balloon. Let it dry overnight then pop the balloon and the string stays stiff. It's pretty neat actually!
I made lots of little balls then used a string of lights I bunched a bunch 4 or 5 then tied them up and placed them inside each ball forming a light up garland. So this really did not work like I saw it in my head and really not worth all the time effort and mess that went into this project. It is cute though and I would DEFINITELY do this on a larger scale for a party decoration but not on a small scale like I did this time.
cute
I was REALLY craving something sweet today....well I crave something sweet every couple hours but today I really wanted something yummy. After searching through some recipes we decided on a pumpkin pie and I could not even wait for it to cool down.....so yummy. Might have to have another piece later :) 

We had a very productive Saturday....Neal and I painted the kitchen ceiling. It needs one more coat though....bummer it will have to wait till he has 2 days in a row off tho. 

2 comments:

Angie said...

Betta, you exhaust me lol The string of lights are so cute and the pie looks quite good. If only you could decorate and bake for me!!

Janice said...

Love the creative idea with the yarn. The pie... if we lived closer I may be over for some along with coffee :)