CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 11, 2008

One of those days!!!

Any ideas as to what this will be????



I'm often reminded by my mom and dad that when I was a little girl and I was told to clean up (sweep the floor or pick up toys) I would often put things under the rug!!! Conner seems to have inherited that same trait from me as I keep finding goodies hidden not only under the rug but in between cushions behind the refrigerator under the stove...etc. My sister always makes fun of me for my younger days as I would let my room get VERY messy. I would try on 10 outfits but never put them back and eventually my room would be a total disaster BUT when I would get around to cleaning it I would be very thorough : ) Everything had to be taken out down to a bare floor and I would slowly bring everything back in and I just LOVED that clean feeling. Well today I had one of those days...not that our house was a disaster but I just needed to have that clean feeling. I cleaned the house inside out!!! Neal mowed the lawn today and I worked in the flower beds, swept the driveway and sidewalk and planted some more flowers that I picked up in the morning. I finally got around to cleaning the couch and the glider....that was a big job but well worth it. I even cleaned under the fridge and stove and went through all the kitchen cabinets...I know I'm nuts. I washed windows a couple weeks ago so I was glad I did not have to tackle that job today too...ha ha!!! I think that cleaning has always been an outlet for me when all things seem to be out of control, or if I'm upset I always resort to cleaning!!!
I never did get to go for my run today wich I'm regretting now but Conner is a sleep now and Neal already left for work so no chance of getting that in today....there is always tomorrow though : ) Neal was feeling ambitious enough today to finish off the siding on the garage and install the faucets in the upstairs bathroom. We are so close to being able to list the house for sale. I'm actually a little sad though because now that we are almost finished with everything I'm wishing that we could enjoy it a little. A life without tools in every room I've almost forgotten what that feels like!!! Well we just hope that this house will sell...I'd hate to think that we will be stuck with two houses forever : )

I started a new project today as well. I've been inspired lately to be creative!!!! Ray Bradbery said that Life is "trying things to see if they work." SOOO lets see if the image that I have in my mind can become reality!!!

No comments: