CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Almost finished.....


Choooo chooooo "twain" !!!! A thanks to Amber's great uncle for the idea!!! He made a school bus crayon holder and I just LOVED the idea so I went to Menards to see if I could find some wood scraps. I found this piece and it only cost .75 cents and they even cut the pieces for me the chimney thing was .99 cents so I decided to go ahead and make this for Conner. I know that he will like it and maybe it will encourage him to actually put his crayons back where they came from :) Still have to figure something out for the wheels so when the kids wake up from their naps I hope to make a trip to good will and see if I get lucky and find something VERY inexpensive that would work. I really don't want to have to cut them out with a jig saw :p plus the jig saw is in storage so not sure if I could even find it.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Cute :D Nice to find your blog...in case comments aren't sent to your e-mail...I have the 50mm 1.8 and it's well worth the $ and relatively cheap as far as lenses go. I shoot Canon, and I love the lense, so hopefuly Nikon would be of similar quality.

Cheri said...

it seems like hobby lobby has an isle of wooden things?

will you be at menomonie at all? i'll bring my camera along and you can get acquainted w/ the 50mm 1.8...if you are

Melissa said...

Nice train!! What a GREAT idea! Nice Connor could help out too! :)

Bernadetta said...

No we will not be at Menomonie this year it's over 5 hours away for us now so we went to Seneca this year. It would have been nice to see you guys tho.

I tried JoAnn's tonight and the good will store with no luck. But I found a nifty tool in storage so now I just need a peace of scrap wood :)

Angie said...

lots of fun updates once again! the train is super cute!! cookies look amazing as always. :) hope you're all feeling better now. we will have to gtg when we get back. oh, and thanks for reminding me to take mallorys 3 yr pics! duh! i totally forgot about it! lol