CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 7, 2010

BerrY PicKinG.....

Early this morning we went to a strawberry farm only 10 min. from our house. I love doing things like that and I have a nice enough husband to come along although I'm pretty sure he enjoyed himself as well!!! The berries were just absolutely delicious....so sweet and juicy and a pretty shade of red. Nothing like sun warmed strawberries right off the bush. Brings back many memories for me!!! For those of you that do not know my parents grew strawberries in Poland for a profit, little as that proffit may have been.
 Not sure what the thought process was when I was getting dressed to go. Hmmm lets see....a LIGHT yellow shirt, khaki's, 2 little boys smearing their strawberry juice covered little fingers all over me and throw in a little mud and well you get the picture :) Not that I care I'm just like my two little boys and do not care too much about getting down and dirty....not anymore anyway!!!
Ethan is not too crazy bout fruit but he gobbled these beauties right up!!!
This one I thought was kinda neat!!!
And this one was without the color conversion!!!

Curious little boy!!!
Checking out the chickens before we left!!! Ethan is all about animals right now so he though this was very fun. We went to the zoo last week and he was so excited to see all the different animals.
Now I need to decide what to make with all these strawberries....a cake for sure. Those scones that I made the other day if I have the energy, I already made pierogie with cream....ohhh yum!!! 

We will be going back to this farm for sure. The people there were super friendly and nice! This little boy probably 9 or 10 ran up to us when we were walking back and carried the box of strawberries for us and then put them in the car for us after we paid. They will have sweet peas next week and also raspberries and also fresh eggs. 
Jelli's Market -N5648 S. Farmington Rd. Helenville, WI

No comments: