CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cookies

The kids an I baked cookies this afternoon and yes it was an ALLL afternoon activity with all the rolling, cutting,  baking, decorating, and of course the not so fun part cleaning up!!! The kids love to do it and help me so of course I let them play with the flour and rolling pins and dough and make a huge mess. Conner is actually a very good helper but Ethan is just a mess maker but that's how they learn right?!?!? I made my favorite sugar cookie recipe I just added some lemon zest to it this time. We dipped the bottom in chocolate then for the top I used some left over raspberry white chocolate butter cream frosting that I had made a few days ago for some French Macarons I made. They are not very pretty but SO yummy!!! Conner did tell me though that next time we have to make different ones because these were too messy to eat....he is so Obsessive Compulsive like his mama.
Just getting started!!!

He licked the counter....did not taste too good...

roll it out....

Sticky mess....

So fun playing in the mess...

Not very fancy but don;t let their look fool ya.....yum yum!!!

Conner eating his after supper...Ethan did not get to
have one because house rules state that in order to
get desert you have to eat your supper and Ethan did not!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What an awesome mommy you are!

Angie said...

Good for you for sicking to your house rules. We always cave... maybe that's why your kids eat their veggies and ours do not!!

Melissa said...

Oh yum!! I need to go find our fall cookie cutters! Thanks for the reminder! :)