CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A week in a blink of an eye......

If Neal could stay home for the next 6 weeks then this baby would be here much quicker or so it would seem. This week has gone by in a blink of an eye and Neal starts at the new store tomorrow :( We have changed our minds about moving (or so we think for right now but if we find something reasonable in the next 2 weeks we still may move) after looking into prices for the Madison area and what you get for the money we decided that financially it would not make sense for us to move. Even more so since we can not commit to more than a 6 month lease and for most places you have to come up with 1st months rent and then a deposit not to mention the cost of the move and the hassle of it all plus short term leases cost more monthly. It's going to be very straining for him for the next 6 months, we just hope that the move South can be expedited. 

I still have not gotten my adapter for my computer....grrr....I was really hoping it would be in the mail when we came home today but no such luck :( Neal is letting me use his computer tho so that was nice of him!!


On with our glorious week!!! So sad it's already over!!! Starting with last Friday I had a surprise night planed for Neal but he ended up having Friday off work so I had to reveal it to him a bit early. We dropped the kids off at my sisters house for the night Friday night and went out to supper ALL BY OURSELVES (originally I was going to have a romantic dinner ready for him when he came home from work Friday). It was fabulous though a little strange not to get the kids menu and coloring crayons when we were seated. We stopped at a store and got ourselves $20 worth of fruit and enjoyed strolling the isles without any crying whining or toddler talk then headed home and watched a movie, enjoyed our fruit and went to bed early. We got to sleep in Saturday, if you can call 7:00 AM sleeping in :) and it was so nice not to have to get up and tend to children or worry about breakfast and getting everyone dressed. We got ourselves big bowls of fruit for breakfast and hopped right back into bed to watch another movie. We did eventually get up and go walk the outlet mall and enjoyed lunch by ourselves then headed to my sisters house to pick up the kids (though to be honest we were not quite ready to do....hehe....is that terrible....I don't think so) I think it's very important for parents to get away ALONE once in a while and we RARELY do it!!! I do have to say that it was nice to see my babies though. We love having the house to ourselves MUCH MUCH better than going to a hotel!!!
 Thank you sis and thank you girls for watching our babies for us. You guys ROCK!!!! I'm pretty sure that they did not miss us a bit and they had a fantastic time.
 They got to play with play dough!!!Thanks sis for the pictures!!!

 Cupcakes...yum!!!
Horsie rides....it's no wonder they had such a great time....someone to play with every second of the day!!!
 Cutness!!
Awwww.....thanks again girls!!! And Steve I bet it was nice not to be the ONLY man in the house for a day ;) I feel for ya man!!!
 This is how happy they were to go home!!!A little tired tto, at least that's what I was telling myself  :p

We even got to go see Babcia and Dziadzia for a little bit and G'ma and G'pa which was super special we don't get to see them enough!!! 

 I was so excited to score this on Freecycle on Sunday and got to go pick it up get it washed up and put together. It is literally like brand new and FREE!!! The only thing that does not work is the mobile which I would probably not use anyway. She even gave me the matching blanket and the cute receiving blanket!!!
It also rocks or it can stay put....and it also can be used as a co-sleeper....I love it!!!
And in case you wore wondering it does fit two toddlers as well :)

We had a fabulous Valentines Day and to go with my New Years resolution I tried to make it super special. For breakfast I made the boys heart shaped banana and chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream and fresh fruit!!
 For supper we had grilled chicken (a little taste of summer) baked sweet potatoes, home made dinner rolls, our favorite salad EVER (mandarin orange, apples, home made candied walnuts, carrots with poppy seed dressing...yum) and for dessert I made peanut butter (yum) chocolate covered bananas with sprinkles for the kids and for Neal and I cheesecake with a strawberry sauce.
 I think that even mac and cheese tastes batter with a pretty set table....I think I will make this a habit to make the table all pretty at least a few times a week.
I made the cute little heart shape silverware holders with Conners help. I wanted to write a little message for all 3 of my babies but ran out of time :( next year!!!
 The salad....it had grapes too :) and we had a sparkling juice too that was yummy!!
 Conner and I made this frame for Daddy a while back. He helped paint the letters and glue them. Though I just found out that he may not even have a desk at this new store since it's so temporary.
 While eating their dessert they got to open a little something.....nothing fancy I only spent a couple bucks I don't think it should be about gifts but it's always fun to open something.

Daddy did get a little spoiled....he got a wireless keyboard that he has wanted for what seems like AGES. 
And this was our dessert!!!

The kids got to play outside almost every day with daddy and I did manage to go out once with them. We managed to get SOMETHING productive done while Neal was home too. We got our garage all cleaned out and organized. We would like to get rid of our storage unit when it warms up and save a little money also possibly have a garage sale this spring to get rid of some junk.

Hard to believe that a lot of this snow is GONE today!!!
 Spring come on GET HERE SOON please!!!We are ready....more than ready....this little taste of warmer weather feels like a tease!!!
 LONG awaited pictures of the van....sorry no outside. We still love it even though it has given us SOME trouble.My favorite feature is still the power sliding doors and power trunk opener thing. SO awesome and whoever invented those two things 1. was a genius 2. was a stay at home mom or dad Those two little things have made my life SO much easier. I love it that I can push a button and the doors slide open the kids can climb in on their own I do not have to worry about banging doors into cars that are parked next to us and walking around doors and I can again push a button and they close same with the trunk by the time we get to the car the trunk is opened and I can load it up....AWESOME :)
 I miss using Stella (our GPS) but I am getting used to Bertha the built in GPS in the van :) though I hate the fact that you have to pull over in order to find a new destination or to look up restaurants or stores in the area. 

On Wed I had my Dr. appt. early in the morning and guess what in 2 weeks I may be getting my membranes scraped(that sounds terrible). I am so excited though it's not a for sure thing that it will work or that it will even happen but there is a SLIGHT possibility so keep your fingers crossed for me. This week with Neal being home it has not been good on my behind....ugghh. I am up 25 pounds now but hoping to do better now that Neal is going back to work. After my appointment we headed for our FREE night at the Country Springs.The kids had so much fun this time and we learned our lesson last time not to let them skip their nap....it was WAY more enjoyable for all of us this way. They are little fish and the perfect age for the water park now. 
 This place is the best....we love to stay there. Ethan absolutely hates it when the water bucket dumps and as soon as he hears the bell ringing he goes running away Conner does the opposite heads right for the water. When we first got there Ethan started to get in the water but right away he heard the bell and went running and grabbed onto this random older lady and held on so tight. I think he thought it was me but did not notice for a long time ant it was just hilarious when he did :)
 Waiting for Conner to come down the slide.

 This guy LOVES pizza :)))
 All I can say is AWWWWW.....sorry for the blue it was at night and all the lights are a hue of blue....pretty!!
 This is so cute....Conner traces EVERYTHING....from signs to pictures to numbers and letter. Ethan saw Conner tracing this warning sign so of course he had to do it too.
 Snacks and juice before bed.
 His eyes are more and more green every day!!!
Conner was addicted to this slide....he spent hours on it. I have to say that I was not as good about going on the tube slide with the kids this time. I did make it up the stairs 20 times or so over the course of the 2 days but it was HARD work. My swim suit did not cover as much either which just amazed me because it has only been a couple weeks since we were there. This baby is SO low I feel like he is going to just fall out sometimes....seriously!!!

I finally got my little camera out and got some batteries for it so I got a few little videos. Ethan was FINALLY brave enough to go down this slide all on his own without us holding his hand every time. It was nice because Neal and I could just sit on the edge and watch the kids play. 

I love this one!!!


Now our fabulous week with dad home is over :( so sad that it went by so fast. Tomorrow we are all back to reality. We did finish the week off with a BANG. While the kids were napping at the hotel Neal and I watched HGTV the show was called the worst cook in america or something like that and they made these crapes filled with with a mascarpone filling and topped with a cherry flambe....it looked so yuumy. I ran out when we came home to get the stuff to make it tonight. OHHH MY WORD....AMAZING......we ate it for supper but it really is a dessert. It was a bit pricey to make but ohhh so worth it!!! I will post the recipe soon on my cooking blog so stay tuned.
 We made a strawberry flambe instead of cherry. SO cool to see it light in a flame did not get a good picture tho.
SO rich and creamy and yummy....I could not eat more than one and I do not even want to know how many calories are in one....haha. I love cooking with Neal and wish we had a chance to do it more often. He is a MESSY cook though everything out everywhere and I always end up cleaning it all up but it's still fun.


Back to reality :(

3 comments:

Janice said...

It looks/sounds like you had a fun week together.

Melissa said...

Wow! You're a busy mama! :) What fun! Hope Neal enjoys his new job and that the next few weeks go quickly for you! Would be nice if the membrane stripping works for you! Worked for me with both of the two younger boys. I had it done on my due date both times. So hope it gets the ball rolling for you too! :)

Angie said...

Wow what a week! Way to go getting all that done with just a few weeks before baby. I'm sure you do feel like he's about ready to fall out! Hand in there! Soon you'll have three buys boys to look after - safe your energy. :)