CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stuck in a rut......

We have been stuck in a food rut and I hate that. Ever since the 2nd month of this pregnancy I have been a bit lazy with my cooking mostly because of all the nausea....cooking was just not fun. Now that I'm feeling better again I want to get a little more creative with my cooking again. Especially the meals the kids and I have alone without Neal. 
I have a super tight budget when it comes to food so being creative is key!!!
I have a kids cookbook though this one only has a limited amount of ideas because it's a KIDS cookbook I would like to find one that is a little better. Does anyone have one they would recommend? I usually make a menu for a week or if I'm really motivated for two weeks and stock up on the ingredients for those recipes. The less trips you take to the store the less money you spend. It's always easy to grab a few unnecessary things and put them in the cart white shopping or picking up just a few things.
What's your favorite meal....we love breakfast at our house. Even more so when Neal is home and we can all sit down as a family. We have a neighbor who has made a comment to us this fall. They recently moved but it was an older couple and they were directly across from our kitchen window. She said she was very impressed to see us sit together and eat meals as a family......well how else do you eat a meal people :) 
I love sleepy little boys eating their breakfast in the morning :0 My kids are ready to eat first thing in the morning as it is also their favorite meal of the day. Waffles are their favorite at the moment.....I usually make a double batch and freeze them and use them all week long. Also good toasted sliced into strips with peanut butter and banana on top....yum. 

2 comments:

Griswold said...

I love your "family" time together at the table, seems so many do not do that & that is a special family time. We always did it that way too....Your breakfast looks so yummy....Love Elaine G

Melissa said...

Breakfast is a hit here too! I'm still looking for that perfect kids' cookbook, so I'll see what you find! :)